Chairperson: Barbara Bromilow
Members: Diane Carruthers, Joan Nurse, Joan Warbeck, Donalda Matity, Laurie Peper
Responsible for identifying congregational, community or global issues which call for an informed Christian response. The duties associated with this responsibility are:
- Raising awareness of the work of the United Church of Canada
- Making available to the Pastoral Charge the materials issued through the General Council regarding outreach opportunities, helping the Congregation study these issues and act upon them
- Working in World Development, refugee and other areas of global concern
- Promoting the Mission and Service Fund, keeping the concerns of the Fund before the Congregation
- To co-ordinate a monetary award in honour of a Congregation Member’s contribution to their church and community. This award is presented to a Springfield Collegiate Graduate at their June Convocation.