Chairperson: Donalda Matity
Brd Members: Sue Proskurnik, Tim Proskurnik, © Joan Warbeck, Joan Nurse, Diane Carruthers, Laurie Peper.
Responsible for identifying congregational, community or global issues which call for an informed Christian response. The duties associated with this responsibility are:
- Raising awareness of the work of the United Church of Canada
- Making available to the Pastoral Charge the materials issued through the General Council regarding outreach opportunities, helping the Congregation study these issues and act upon them
- Working in World Development, refugee and other areas of global concern
- Promoting the Mission and Service Fund, keeping the concerns of the Fund before the Congregation
- To co-ordinate a monetary Graduate Award with specific guidelines. This award is presented to a Springfield Collegiate Graduate at their June Convocation.